An honest WebinarJam review from my experience using WebinarJam.
If you’re a marketer looking for the best webinar platform for you… then you’re in the right place.
I was in your position a little while ago.
I was looking for interesting ways to reach and educate prospects. And webinars came up as an interesting way to do it. I found that there were many businesses using webinars successfully. So I planned and prepared to test it.
I quickly realized as I’m sure you have, that to do this we needed a quality tool to help us.
But much like any other small business, we wanted a tool that could do everything, but that would fit in our budget.
So I got to testing. I tried out a bunch of different webinar platforms and ran real webinars with prospects attending. This gave me a really great perspective on what tools work and which are to be avoided. For you, this means you can learn from what I learned but get to avoid the mistakes I made!
In this WebinarJam review, I’ll walk you through my experience of using the platform in my professional role and tell you exactly what I think of the product.
What is WebinarJam?
WebinarJam is a full-featured live webinar hosting software used for online marketing by many businesses and across many industries. It is an innovative and reliable solution for webinar broadcasting, live streaming, and workshops.
WebinarJam offers many features to help the audience interact and engage with the presentation and boast an impressive 30,000 customers to date.
It is a comprehensive marketing software that can handle everything from registration, hosting live, through to webinar replays.
- Setup and schedule a live webinar in minutes
- Create webinar registration pages with simple templates
- Manage and automate all communication with attendees via email and SMS
- Integrate with third-party tools like email and software and many more via Zapier
- Limited time live offers to attendees
- Present and record webinars with slides, screen share, and your webcam
- Analytics and actionable data on your webinar performance
WebinarJam works perfectly on both Mac and Windows as it is browser-based. It’s recommended to use Chrome as this will give the best results. But only the two latest versions of Firefox are supported. I use Chrome which makes it easy.
WebinarJam is true experts in the world of webinars. There is a full training suite you’ll find when you sign up to ensure you and your business succeed on your own.
WebinarJam is the simplest and most comprehensive webinar tool you will find for the price. It has a marketer’s needs at its core and is perfect to offer value, generate leads and sell products in your marketing funnel
- It’s super easy and intuitive to use! I set up my first webinar from 0 to launch in no time at all
- The price tag for how comprehensive the features are is lower than any other software. More on this in a minute.
- You don’t need to download any software to create a webinar. But more importantly, attendees don’t need to download anything to watch webinars either. This is a big one for attendance figures!
- 24/7 customer support is absolutely excellent. I had my question answered swiftly and accurately.
- The webinars are recorded in high quality automatically so you haven’t got to stress about clicking any buttons to make sure it gets recorded
- You can use the recorded webinar to push to WebinarJams sister company Everwebinar to use for on-demand webinars.
- All in one marketing solution that includes landing page templates, registration forms and automated emails. You can also integrate with your own email software. I’ve also integrated with Zapier and a bunch of other tools easily.
- There are hours of in-depth training videos you get with your subscription as well as a detailed knowledge centre to show you exactly what to do
- In depth analytics on your landing page views, registrations, attendees and much more. So you have a great view of how it performed
- You can inject your own tag manager, google analytics and facebook pixel code into the landing page to send paid traffic and retarget them.
- No-free trial (although you can get a 60 day trial for just $1) and the monthly cost is cheap there is no monthly subscription.
- It takes a little bit of getting used to the 8-10 second delay between presenting and what shows up on the attendees screen. Most webinar software have the same delay but I found is once you’re aware of it you can easily manage it. Most importantly it’s doesn’t impact the experience for attendees.
- The software doesn’t let you know clearly if your slides are too large to be uploaded to the software. So you’ll need to be conscious that you don’t try to upload anything over the allowance. But you can always just use the screenshare option if you can’t shrink your presentation.
- There are plenty of landing page templates, but they aren’t completely customizable. You can’t move elements around the page, only editing the existing structure. Which in most cases should be fine.
WebinarJam offers three competitive pricing options. All of which you can try out for 14 days for just $1.
WebinarJam basic (for beginners)
The basic plan costs $479 per year. This works out to about $39 monthly. The plan gets you a maximum of 3 presenters per webinar, 500 attendee limit per webinar, and 24/7 support.
WebinarJam Pro (for professionals)
WebarinJam’s pro plan costs $783 yearly which works out to $65 monthly. The plan gets you a maximum of 4 presenters and 1000 attendee limit per webinar, as well as 24/7 support.
WebinJam Premium (for experts)
The premium plan costs $997 yearly which works out to be the equivalent of $83 monthly. The plan gets you a maximum of 6 presenters and 5000 attendee limit per webinar, as well as 24/7 support.
This is truly an enterprise solution and unless you’re a massive organization will probably be more than you need.
There is a cashflow consideration you need to think about when it comes to pricing. These plans are available as an annual upfront payment. Whereas other webinar platforms have monthly pricing.
That said these prices are a steal and you’re unlikely to find a solution as complete for the same money.
Who should use WebinarJam?
WebinarJam is the perfect webinar tool to use as part of your marketing where a webinar would be relevant. The ideal user would be a person of business who wants to broadcast a message to a large group of people in a scalable and seamless way. But most importantly, wants to take it serious and appear professional.
I would recommend WebinarJam to:
- Website owners looking to create more engaging content
- Any Small and medium business as another marketing channel
- Startups looking to offer scalable product demos and product education
- Online entrepreneurs selling products or services
- Professional coaches
However, if you just want to test the waters, or you’re not going to regularly be creating webinars this tool may be more than you need.
Check out the alternatives below to find a free solution.
You’ve got this far in the review so I imagine you’re loving WebinarJam as much as I do. And you’re probably thinking But what if there is an alternative webinar software that would fit me better?
Don’t worry. I’ve got you. I said I’ve tested many, so here are some good alternatives:
Everwebinar while technically not a true alternative to WebinarJam (and not free) is a fantastic tool. You can use it to get the most out of your live webinars by uploading the recording to run automated webinar campaigns. Or perhaps you don’t want to run a live webinar? You can create and upload a pre-recorded video using EverWebinar so that you can perfect it first!
WebinarNinja is an excellent, fully functioning webinar software. They offer HD webinars, in all formats including live, automated, on-demand, and paid. As well as all the expected features including landing pages, integrations, etc. This is a company you can grow with as the team is really invested on improving the product! Read my full WebinarNinja review.
EasyWebinar is a complete webinar solution that boasts serious integrations and features. This includes integrating with CRM’s such as Hubspot. They offer HD webinars and no latency and are always evolving their product. Also, their customer support was fantastic when I got in touch. Ready my full Easywebinar Review.
Gotowebinar: This company is probably the most well-known for webinars. They cater mostly to enterprise customers. Perhaps you’re presenting to 1000’s of people and need enterprise-level customization and support this could be the tool for you.
Demio is another fantastic webinar software platform. Importantly Demio also doesn’t need to be downloaded and it’s simple to use. Reach my full Demio review.
Google Hangouts: If you’re loving WebinarJam but you don’t have any budget at all to play with then this is a viable free option for you. It doesn’t have any of the exclusive webinar features that a paid solution has. But it is free and it’s enough to get you started until you can upgrade to a webinar tool with the features you need.
If you’ve caught onto the craze and are already using Zoom, you can check out my full Zoom vs WebinarJam comparison, to see if you should switch!
How to use WebinarJam
Okay, so let’s try it out.
Start by signing up at WebinarJam.
Once in you’ll be able to create your webinar!
I recommend prepare these before you start creating:
- Decide the best times for your webinars when you’ll host your event and how many sessions you will run
- Your webinar topic, title and selling points – this will help you speed up the process of setting up the registration page
- The email sequence you want to send. The email templates are great, but I’d recommend personalizing the notifications to use your own tone of voice. And be sure to include a post webinar survey in your sequence!
This will speed up your webinar creation drastically.
I recommend using the full configuration as it gives you the most control. It’s a simple step by step walkthrough from start to finish and you’ll be shocked at how easy it is.
WebinarJam webinar Setup
The WebinarJam configuration process is a simple step by step process from A-Z.
Once you’ve configured each element of your webinar you must save and confirm it.
You can always come back to make edits at any time and jump between each section. Which is super handy.
However, it is super important that you always click through to finish the setup and back to the main dashboard when you are done so that your changed are saved.
I won’t dive it’s all the features as they are so easy to use that you’ll work it out in an instant. So I’ll just show you a few important factors that I think you’ll find useful.
Launch test webinars
So it’s your first webinar. You aren’t quite sure what to do…
Don’t worry WebinarJam has your back. There is a test webinar feature so you can practice your presentation as if it was live.
It’s always best to practice a few times so this feature is perfect for you.
I always like to run through a few last-minute checks before going live with WebinarJam. Here is what I personally check and what you should too:
- Close all browser tabs in Chrome that needed for the webinar to conserve memory. This includes turning off any browser extensions you won’t be using during the presentation.
- Free up memory by closing any unnecessary programs that will use up your computer’s memory like Skype, Slack or Spotify. Check your task manager to see what programs are running in the background and end them.
- On that note, make sure to turn off all notifications on your computer or phone so that you can focus during the webinar.
- Dedicate your internet bandwidth to the webinar by making sure no other devices are connected to the wifi. If possible connect your computer via ethernet cable to ensure a stable and reliable connection.
Start your live webinar
You’ve set your webinar up, tested and done your final checks.
Starting your webinar is as simple as finding your presenter login links and joining the live room.
I love the user experience for this because it prompts you to check the sound quality and video quality. These are key to any presentation so it’s helpful to see that they make you check this.
WebinarJam review conclusion
If you want an affordable webinar software with features that convert users and help you increase sales, engage your customers, then this is the best webinar software for you.
What I like most about WebinarJam
The software has all the features that you need to get started and succeed with webinars. In fact, there are so many features that you might not even need all of them from the start!
Secondly, it is so easy to use that it never gets in your way and you can focus on creating awesome content, marketing and presenting it.
Finally the big one. WebinarJam is very affordable. The pricing is cheap enough for solo entrepreneurs and small businesses to use. But also extensive enough that large businesses can use it as well.
What I think WebinarJam could work on.
It’s hard to find anything to be too unhappy about with WebinarJam. It does exactly what you need it to do.